Lauren's sister Joanne illustrated the whole set. Everything was printed on a thick textured cream paper. Note! You can DIY (excuse me DIT) your invites and still get them printed by someone else. Hurrah!
For the Save The Dates, Lauren asked her sister to draw the garden bench in Oxford where they first met and later married, and to 'think Edward Gorey.' The background is the Oxford skyline, and the lanterns in the trees tell us to Save the Date.
They used a mix tape illustration for their invitation because they "joined their tracks in matrimony." In particular, I love the invitation wording. If you look closely it says "We will exchange vows of love and partnership." I've never seen this wording before or since and I love it. I'd go so far as to say I'm suddenly considering stealing it.
Then, my very favorite thing. The back of the invitation? Haiku's explaining the day. Worth a close look, because that Lauren, she can write.
And finally, favors I actually love! The favors were soy travel candles (perfect for their destination wedding) made by Lily Queen on Etsy.**Note, if you want to contact Joanna, who illustrated these invites, drop me a line, and I'll send you her email. She has reasonable prices, and clearly, prodigious talent!


3 comments:
oooh i suddenly want to steal that wording too! i love the internets. thanks for sharing such a great invitation suite!
I have a question...when you say illustrated, does that mean Joanne physically drew on all the invites, or she did the illustration on the computer and printed them on the cards? Maybe I should ask Joanna. I'm at jaime . small at gmail.com. Thanks!
hey Jamie-
She illustrated the invites by hand, and then they printed them on cardstock (she obviously didn't illustrate each invitation individually!) She's quite a talented artist!
Post a Comment