I walked into my local card store the other day only to be met by a wall of blingy fake engagement rings. What on earth are they doing selling fake engagement rings? Yes, David almost proposed to me with a tacky fake engagement ring - for more hilarity, and to let me pick the real ring myself - but surely the fake engagement ring can't be a common proposal strategy? Or maybe America is more hilarious then I thought? Anyway. Of course the first thing that flashed across my mind was "I must try one on, immediately."
So, there I was, in the card store, slipping a fake engagement ring the size of a small softball on my hand. "AHHH!" I said (perhaps a little loudly) and the sales lady whipped around, eyebrows raised. "Oh," I said, giggling apologetically, "It's just that these rings are crazy funny! I mean look at the size? Silly, right?"
Judging from her reaction, I'm guessing that the rings are not humorous.

So, of course, I bought it.