Friday, February 6, 2009
Love Will Prevail
"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.
I admit. I'm a lazy lazy blog reader, and when people embed videos I think to myself, "nahhh... too hard, to long." And I don't watch them. But Team Practical, this beautiful "Don't Divorce Us" campaign is a must watch.
The California Supreme Court is hearing arguments on the validity of Proposition 8 on March 5th, and I for one, am not done fighting. So watch this, cry a little, and email it to someone (maybe someone who's not totally sure of where they stand on marriage equality). Then go sign the petition at the Courage Campaign.
We've got a lot of fight left in us.
via Jessamyn Harris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


23 comments:
What a beautiful beautiful video.
jesus, that was beautiful. tears streaming down my face.
I'm now bawling into my corn flakes.
And I'm crying into my coffee!
Great video, Meg. Thanks for sharing it.
I just wanted to thank you for sticking to your guns on this and not letting folks forget about it... as a regular reader of your blog and as someone whose legal marriage is in limbo because of prop 8, I really, really appreciate it!
Thanks for sharing. It is an amazing and touching video.
This is so lovely and touching, I cried while watching.
I openly wept. I watched this with my three year old and I was so proud and touched that she never, not once asked why a boy was kissing a boy, or a girl kissing a girl. When I asked her why she thought they were kissing she said, simply, "'Cuz they love them". There it is. If a three year old can understand, why can't the rest of 'em? Got her to help me fill in the form for the petition. Proud of my mommy skills today.
So touching! As predicted, I cried and decided to share.
I've watched this twice, and wept both times. Thanks for sharing.
yeah, um, try *sob* a little.
Thank you for posting this. As someone who worked on the No on 8 Campaign, I know how crucial it is to put a human face to this issue. Great website!
love the video. i cried. even more than when i saw "Milk" last night.
Thanks for sharing, I've passed it along.
Eeesh. Cry a little is right! Thanks, Meg.
Equality for all humans-what an idea!! Thank you for giving me a good cry!
Well done.
I'm not going to lie- I cried watching this....
Thanks for sharing, hope you don't mind if I rip off this post a bit to spread the word on my blog.
Thank you so much for sharing! Keep it up!!! It is so refreshing to see something like this, something that really matters, on a wedding blog!
This is a beautiful vidoe which left me in tears at the computer lab at uni!
I live in Scotland and am just about to have a civil partnership and I think we forget over here that our laws are not universal. It makes me so sad and angry that this has happened in a country where free speech is supposedly held in high esteem. Waht a great video, I'm going to tell everyone I know. It's true though, you cant vote to un-marry someone. Love WILL Prevail.
THANK YOU so much for sharing this and for spreading the word. We can't let them divorce our friends.
I watched, I cried, I posted it to my Twitter account (which automatically updates my Facebook status) and someone who I didn't know was in agreement wrote to say she had cried, too. Thanks for sharing a great way to get the message out. <3
Post a Comment