Happy blog birthday to me!* And just as important, happy blog birthday to you. I tend to dream big, but this blog has grown into something even better then my best dream, and it never would have without each of you bringing your smart and savvy selves here. I'm love that I have this happy safe (wedding) universe where I feel accepted and empowered. I'm a much more sane bride/person then I would be without you.I found this Tom Robbins passage this week, and it perfectly expresses my experience of writing this blog:
If there's a thing, a scene maybe, an image that you want to see real bad, that you need to see but it doesn't exist in the world around you, at least not in the form that you envision, then you create it so that you can look at it an have it around, or show it to other people that wouldn't have imagined it. ... And that's it. That's all an artist does."
And that is what this blog has been to me. Cheers to you Team Practical, here is to many more.
Check back later today, I'm doing a Team-Practical-style giveaway to celebrate.
* I hope you will excuse the picture, as it was taken on my second birthday, and this is only my first blog birthday. Still, its me being exactly myself.


27 comments:
Congrats! Happy birthday! Looking forward to another great year :)
Yay happy birthday Meg. May it be the first of many!
Happy birthday girly! I'm so proud of you and how your blog has grown in the last year, you really are an inspiration!
Happy Birthday!! That is a great accomplishment :)
Happy Birthday! I just started reading your blog a few months ago and now that I'm engaged and it's becoming a great resource for me. Thanks!
Congratulations!! so amazing!
Happy blog birthday! I'm happy to be a new follower of this fabulous blog!
MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY, APW!!! You are soooo sassy, and your mommy Meg is the brilliantest.
Now take a big breath, and make a big wish. Ready? Blow.
Hi Meg -- I'm planning a wedding for my daughter, also a Meg:), who is 3,000 miles away. Your blog has been such an inspiration -- I have sent her quite a few of your posts! I read "A Practical Wedding" first thing each day -- sometimes it's even better than that first cup of coffe. Happy Birthday.
An adorable photo and an awesome Tom Robbins quote all in one post. No wonder this blog has taken off! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Meg! This blog is a compendium of intelligence, wit and beauty: the writing equivalent of an inspiration board featuring Alice Munro short stories, French lace and a stuffed Gumby head. I love it. I read it almost every day. And after the wedding is over - May 3 in my case - I'll keep reading. Thank you so much!
Happy Birthday :)
RelentlessBride
Congrats on the blogiversary!
Hi Meg,
I love love love your blog, and Happy First Blog-birthday! You rock, and the group of people that follow this blog rock equally as much... but I have to thank you for being able to bring us all together.
Happy Birthday!
Just so you know, your blog is the first stop of the day for me :)
Thanks for helping keep us sane.
Happy Blog Birthday, Meg! I know this will be another year of thoughtful inspiration from you... :)
xoxo
happy, happy birthday! congrats. i love having such a sane place to come visit each morning in the world of weddings. :)
Happiest returns of the day! Your writing is always beautiful and thoughtful. Congratulations on creating such a lovely community of sane, practical readers!
Well we will just have to take you to virtual Chevy's and have them put a sombrero on your head and sing Happy Happy Birthday, today's your Birthday Day! while they clap really really loudly.
I can't believe you're only one! I doesn't take long to become an institution when you're this good.
And look at your cute self at two - so sweet :)
OMG! Happy Birthday!!!!!!
Congrats and happy blog-birthday! Your words are a daily delight and inspiration.
Thanks for keepin' it real. :)
Happy birthday! I've been super busy and unable to comment, but I have to say that all of your recent posts have blown me away. I feel like every time I read your blog lately, I feel like screaming, "YES! THANK YOU!" because they're all exactly what I need to hear right then. So, "YES! THANK YOU!" for all you do to keep me sane and focused. I appreciate your time, energy, and honesty.
Has it only been a year? Oh, what a year! Meg, you have created my favorite corner of the internet and I love checking in, every morning over coffee, for a moment of practical, sane, joy. You and this community are just incredible. Thank you for your vision and dedication.
Gotta say, I am lovin' the picture. Especially your mom and you rocking the late 70s - early 80s style. And the way she is holding your little hand. So sweet and stylish.
Happy blog birthday! :)
omg you look every bit like how i picture you would at 2!
happy blog bday girlie (sorry for being late on this one), and thanks for keeping it real for so many of us 'round the wedding planning hood ;)
xo.
Post a Comment