Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sponsor Introduction: Intimate Weddings

Team Practical, I have an announcement: small weddings are in fashion! Wheee! Which leads me to my next announcement: APW has a new sponsor, Intimate Weddings. The intimate wedding website features a bunch of cool things: a blog, real small weddings, and money saving tips. But the kicker is the site has a venue finder that helps you browse 1300 venues for small weddings in North America, which is excellent and helpful. Go browse, enjoy. Find a venue that you can only rent if you have a small wedding, and then live it up!

PS - Intimate Weddings even talks about Merry and Mark's at home wedding, which I wrote about way back here.

7 comments:

Mrs. Andi said...

Yay! It's so good to see something that promotes the smaller wedding, verses the 200 person, $30K-$40K wedding!

Anonymous said...

I agree that I am receiving a lot of inquiries for smaller weddings. The issue for me as a wedding photographer is that potential clients are asking for discounts based on the number of guests, which doesn't make sense because we photographers (and certain other vendors) work just as hard all day long at a small wedding as we do at a "normal" 100-200 guest wedding.

The only size difference that will make an appreciable difference in photography coverage is a huge wedding with 300-500 guests, in which case time to bring in backup photographers.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I just added this blog to my blogroll. You can sometimes be made to feel that you're not having a "real" wedding if you're not having 100+ people, so this is very refreshing!

Anonymous said...

It's exciting to be a sponsor here!I find your website so refreshing! Keep the great ideas coming.

Meg said...

Ah, Rachel, but you *can* save on food for a small wedding. It isn't this way for everyone, but for us the food is the drop-kick-to-the-stomach expense.

Anonymous said...

Meg - totally agreed! I think it's fabulous when people make the choice of a small wedding - the intimacy of choosing to invite only those guests who are truly important to you... and a small wedding is fantastic to cut expenses like food which I agree is a ridiculous expense.

I've blogged about this only from a wedding photographer's perspective and would love to have some feedback from brides and other vendors...
http://www.mergeweddings.com/posts/small-weddings

Catherine VandeVelde said...

I had no idea I was so fashionable. Our wedding will have about 30-35 people total.

I agree, it isn't easy to find "the perfect spot" for such a small group. We went through so many options, and then finally found the perfect place, the Farmer's Market! Rustic and charming in its own way (hopefully!).