I'm really excited to get to share some of the most recent work of Emily Takes Photos, APW sponsor extraordinaire. I posted one of Emily's very first weddings almost a year ago, and it's been fantastic to see her work grow and deepen over the past year.
After I introduced Emily as a sponsor, and mentioned that not only was she super talented, but that her rates were a-freaking-mazingly-good for the bay area, you guys booked her for your weddings in droves. Emily has this to say about working with Team Practical:I can't get enough of the APW community. Everyone I meet is so wonderful, and I feel like we're all working towards a common goal of creating a genuine experience for everyone involved in their weddings. The best thing is, when I meet a couple through APW, I feel like we're already on the same page. I understand that their wedding is just the beginning a beautiful life together, so I don't put so much emphasis on THE WEDDING, and in turn, they give me a glimpse into their lives and I feel so blessed to be part of something so meaningful.
And that's not even it. These photos are of Tristen and Ed. Tristen is a long time reader of this blog, and she was the one who sent me these shots, along with a rave review of Emily:I never knew how much to "trust" engagement shots, I just figured, "Well, yeah, they're a gorgeous couple, and they're comfortable with cameras in their faces." But then I saw our photos. We are NOT that couple. We are both significantly more comfortable BEHIND the lens than in front of it. (Can you just mention that? That we're not amazingly cool or good looking but she somehow got good photos out of us?) Neither Ed nor myself is particularly photogenic (before this, most of our photos involved tongues sticking out and/ or crossed eyes) but Emily somehow worked with it. She captured our goofy side. Our sentimental side. Our wannabe-cool side. Our classic, sappy, "Let's-show-this-one-to-the-future-kids" side. She is a dream to work with, we're thrilled with the photos, and our moms started crying when they saw them. Really, I can't sing her praises enough!
And then there are the photos themselves, which are gorgeous. I'm thrilled to see the way this community has grown and connected. It's so exciting to me to see couples connect with photographers who are building their business, or with artists who are down with us being low-key, grounded, feminist, brides. Who are down with us being ourselves, getting married. So what are you still doing here? Go check out Emily's site.
All photos by Emily Takes Photos


5 comments:
I looooveee the vintage/look coloring that she used on a few of the photos. I'm seeing more and more of that style and I gotta say that I'm loving it!
gorgeous shoot!
Woo Hoo! Go Emily!!
What an amazing thing you guys have all done, in creating this community... a toast to you! And to Meg!
(raises coffee)
I like the stumps!
These are terrific photos, I love the style.
Post a Comment